Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Protest pics


Here are a couple shots I got with my cell phone while walking along the Embarcadero. Robin and I ran into Shane and his lady randomly on bart, so it was really nice to see some familiar faces by our side.
This was a weird day for me. I had a lot of things running through my mind about people in general and christians specifically, as well as some things going on in the wide world currently. Overall though, I'm still gad I went, and made my opinion known and took a stance against something I didn't agree with.
I honestly had a new fear of christians after this day. I saw one guy (shown in the bottom picture) who had a long black coat on and was carrying a simple white flag that had a plain black cross on it. The other thing that did it for me were these younger kids (teenagers? give or take) who were walking around in a line of about 5 deep. They were dressed in black slacks and shoes with white button up longsleeve shirts and black ties, and on their arms they had black armbands that read "christ" on them. They looked like nazis walking down the street. I felt the presence of pure hate and judgement. Not cool.

No comments: