Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tamales!

I went to the farmer's market one Tuesday @ Todos Santos Park in concord and happened upon this little booth that sold tamales (and only tamales I think). The sign above the booth was fairly vague, it read something like "tamales" in really big letters and gave an address on International Blvd., and that's basically it. I think it was some spot from Oakland. I picked up some cheese tamales and the lady gave me some of the greatest green sauce I've ever had. She had it in one of those big jugs usually used to store horchata or agua fresca. Right after she opened it to give me some sauce, the smell hit my nose. It was so strong and so good. The jug was maybe 5-6 ft away, and it carried over to the window where I was standing it was so strong.

Check it out:
http://www.edibleeastbay.com/pages/farmers.htm

No comments: