Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yosemite



If you've never been to Yosemite (like me, as of just before this last April), then you need to start making plans to go check this place out. They recommend making reservations weeeeeeell in advance (something like 5 months in advance?) because they camping spots go very quickly. I also learned that as nice as it might sound, summer is not the time to go, because it gets so crowded it's ridiculous. But just be prepared to freeze your butt off because it gets cold at night during the winter months. I think it dropped down to about 33 degrees while Robin and I were there with my Bio Science class. The class was given a pass, but otherwise, it was around $20 to get into the valley, and for Robin and I, it was $20 for 3 days and 2 nights. It's well worth it. The views are just mind blowing, it's so beautiful. The pictures I added do it no justice. I have some I took with my digital slr which I may upload some day. The waterfall in the photos is actually 3 teirs tall. It fell two more time above the fall section you see, and the drop was maybe twice as long as the one shown. It's such a great place, but such a bummer at the same time because there are little hints here and there (besides the obvious over crowding) of the pollution that is beginning to kill some of the trees from all the cars that drive through the valley all year. I think the camp grounds are actually closed part of the year, during the heart of the winter months, because of snow, but otherwise I think they're open the rest of the year.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/

No comments: